Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Too Much Power

The FBI served a search warrant on my residence in January to search for photographs, phones, pagers, and other items of my life that are private and not criminal in any way. They took photos of my children as babies, family vacations, backyard barbeques, and block parties. They took my memories, my wife's memories, and my girls' memories. They took things that are useless in a criminal investigation...they knew that they were useless when they stole the first pictures from my home. They took pictures of my life. I wonder if the judge that granted the warrant knew that the affidavit was full of lies. The agents knew. But the agents' intentions were not to retrieve criminal evidence, it was to intimidate me.

Even though they knew that only my wife and two daugthers were home, they went into my home with guns drawn and pointed at my children. These little piglets viewed my girls in their night clothes. My family was told by the agents that the house that we've lived in since 1963 was now the FBI's house. Why would they continue to scare them? Well it worked. My children have problems sleeping and have constant anxiety about the FBI watching them/coming back to my home again.

My lawyer went to the house and was refused entry, even though he is an officer of the courts. Why? What do these public employees (the FBI) have to hide? Who do they answer to? In this age of terrorism the public understands that they are reluctant to give up some power, but they should at least be monitored. Who knows better than the FBI the power of a recorded conversation, so tape all of the warrant executions.
Tape all criminal informant de-briefings. Tape any interviews, all interactions with the public. Why not? Again, what do you white knights have to hide?

This is a simple way to insure that the truth and justice that Americans believe in comes to the forefront of all cases, and that the renegade agents can't win when they lie, cheat, and bully the public.

Stronger than Yesterday,
Thomas Gioeli

No comments: